- Full Time
- Elizabeth City, NC
- August 15, 2017
- February 16, 2017
- August 15, 2017
Workforce Resources, Inc. (Workforce) is looking for a Mechanic to provide support on a
Wiring Harness Support Services contract at United States Coast Guard (USCG)-Aviation
Logistics Center (ALC), in Elizabeth City, NC.
The principal duties of this position shall include, but not be limited to:
- Performing wiring harness support services on aircraft and ground support equipment
including, communication, search, detection, navigation and related electrical systems
and associated support equipment.
- Supervise/perform electrical work involved in routine disassembly, inspection,
manufacture, repair, overhaul, test, installation and modification of aircraft and support
equipment electrical wiring harnesses.
- Train/lead workers and helpers.
- Resolve production issues with the Production Control.
Perform quality control inspections.
- Perform other Electrical Mechanical duties as required.
Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) plan and established regulatory
requirements, maintain situational awareness, staying cognitive-focused and mitigate
- Comply with safety rules and procedures and perform work in a manner that enhances the
safety of the work area.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of four years’ experience in electrical aircraft maintenance. Experience shall
include the disassembly, inspection, manufacture, repair, overhaul, testing, installation
and modification of aircraft and support equipment electrical wiring harnesses.
- Designation as collateral Quality Control Inspectors through a Contractor acceptance
letter within thirty days of contract award.
- Must be capable of performing tasks that frequently require: lifting, reaching, bending,
walking, pulling, sitting, standing, crouching, stooping, kneeling and stretching for
prolonged periods of time. Must be capable of performing tasks in cramped, scaffolding
and aircraft structure. Must be capable of carrying items up to 40 pound or on heavier
objects and require seeking assistance of other workers or weight lifting devices. Must
be capable of wearing cumbersome personal protective equipment for Hazardous
Material (HAZMAT) operations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English, and be a citizen or permanent
resident of the US.
- Experience with Asset Management Information (AMMIS) and Asset Logistics
Management Information (ALMIS) systems.
- Must possess knowledge of basic computer skills.
Type of Position:
This position is full-time; work will be performed during normal business Monday through
Friday and work 8 hours per day.
The work will be performed at United States Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center (USCGALC),
Elizabeth City, NC.
This position will begin as soon as administratively possible after contract award.
Workforce offers competitive starting salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to its fulltime
employees. This package includes medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage;
life insurance and accidental death/dismemberment coverage; short- and long-term disability;
vacation, sick, holiday and administrative leave; certification and licensure support; AFLAC
income protection coverage; and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Apply for positions:
Please forward your resume along with a completed Employment Application to